Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

For my home setup (private test use) i want to rebrand my OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the buildin 8 LIC-AP.

Can this be done?

Cheers

Cheers,
Frank
Life off the wire
MVP

Re: Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

Is the unit originally an Aruba unit that you somehow converted to Alcatel or is it actually an Alcatel unit? It's my understanding that they do not convert.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer

Re: Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

It is original Alcatel
Cheers,
Frank
Life off the wire
Guru Elite

If you had the license before you first converted it, you should be able to paste that license in after you convert it back.  It typically does not erase the license, but there is no guarantee that it would not sometime in the future.   "Converting" is not supported by TAC, but you probably know that already.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi all, the controller is still original and is Alcatel OAW4306G with a license (called PoE port or something like that) it comes with built in 8 ap lic.

I want to convert it to Aruba and use Aruba licenses.

Rebrand should better be called convert. Sorry for that.
Cheers,
Frank
Life off the wire
Guru Elite

When I have done it in the distant past, the licenses were still there. There is nothing that says something has not been put in to stop converting a controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Is it as simple as loading the Aruba firmware? And if converting it loses licenses can it be loaded with Aruba licenses?
Cheers,
Frank
Life off the wire

Thanks Colin,

Sorry for the late reply.

The 650 (Alcatel) is running with Aruba OS with the build in licenses.

It is even setup as master with a original Aruba 3200XM with central licenses.

Cheers,
Frank
Life off the wire
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: