Wireless Access

Tin
New Contributor

Can moving the client of 5GHz to 2.4GHz when the signal low?

I have the AP-105 enabled both frequency 802.11a and 802.11g.

The problem that I have found to be frequency 802.11a distances closer than 802.11g.

Users that is far the frequency 802.11a use not smooth. I have tried disabling frequency 802.11a, then the user application frequency 802.11g result is a great improvement over the use of frequency 802.11g.

Can define the threshold of the signal level to moving the client ?

Best regards,

Tin 

Re: Can moving the client of 5GHz to 2.4GHz when the signal low?

Enabling band-steering and local-probe-thereshold would help the clients to hand-off from one AP to another AP in a better way when signal is low and at the same time to force the client to connect to the better AP with good rssi.

Band-steering would help to enforce the client to connect on "a" band and when the signal strength reduces, client will automatically switch over to "g" band after failing 6 times on "a" band. Local-probe-threshold would ignore any incoming probe request less than the specified RSSI value. 

All the above process i.e. moving clients from one AP to another would happen automatically with out doing any config changes.

Find below link for reference as well.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/local-probe-response-threshold/td-p/67820'

Hope this helps

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: