Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't assign VAP-profile a different aaa profile

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can't assign VAP-profile a different aaa profile

Posted Dec 17, 2012 10:11 AM

In one of my VAP profile, somehow it just stuck with one of the aaa profile. I tried both WebUI and CLI to no avail. The funny thing is that the WebUI actually said aaa profile had been changed, but in fact when I try to change the SSID profile which require the aaa profile i set, but not the original aaa profile, the controller always complained that the VAP has the old aaa profile and need dot1x enabled.

In the attachments:

1. AAA-Staff is the original aaa profile. AAA-Staff-PSK is the new profile.

2. AAA-Staff do NOT have 801.1x profile. AAA-Staff-PSK has 802.1x profile.

3. I assigned AAA-Staff-PSK to the VAP (applied and saved to flash), then set the SSID-profile to WPA2-PSK-AES which required 802.1x profile.

4. Check commands to be applied. (I have also tried the same thing in CLI, both assigning aaa profile to VAP and enable WPA2)

5. The controller complained about wrong aaa profile, the VAP seems stuck with this single profile.

This bug makes it very difficult to experiments with VAP profiles, I need to create a new profile every time.

Any insights would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Kenneth

System Analyst, RCHK

• 2.  RE: Can't assign VAP-profile a different aaa profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 17, 2012 10:25 AM
    You should use the Wlan Wizard to create your Alan for now. Changing an SSID profile that is lacking a dependency will result in that error. You would need to add the 802.1x profile first before changing the SSID profile since you already have a VAP that is already configured and depends on that SSID profile.

The answer is to use the WLAN wizard.