Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't connect Apple MAC with Aruba

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Can't connect Apple MAC with Aruba

Posted Jul 23, 2012 05:50 AM

I have a MAC laptop and unable to connect it to Aruba Controller SSIDs, when trying to connect the SSIDs like employe & guets it still searching for network means didn't connect to the ARUBA Controller. I tried to connect it withTPLINK it successfully connect but problem remians same with ARUBA Contorller.

Regards,

Faisal

• 2.  RE: Can't connect Apple MAC with Aruba

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 23, 2012 07:08 AM

What do you see in the user debug logs? Can you see the SSID's from the Mac? What is auth/encryption types?

• 3.  RE: Can't connect Apple MAC with Aruba

Posted Jul 24, 2012 02:31 AM

yes i can see the ssids encryption is aes

• 4.  RE: Can't connect Apple MAC with Aruba

Posted Jul 24, 2012 12:04 PM
    Have you tried connecting the MAC to an Open SSID on the Aruba controller?

• 5.  RE: Can't connect Apple MAC with Aruba

Posted Jul 25, 2012 07:12 AM

Go to Network Preferences on the Mac,  click Advanced and then from the Wifi tab remove the "remembered" instances of the problematic wifi networks by highlighting them and clicking the "-"key.  Next, close network preferences and see if you can connect.  If the problem, persists I would recommend calling Aruba TAC.  If the problems, resolves and then reoccurs I would also recommend calling Aruba TAC.

• 6.  RE: Can't connect Apple MAC with Aruba

Posted Nov 06, 2023 07:23 AM

I know this is 11 years later, but I have the exact same issue.

I work for an MSP and we have a client who is in a building using Aruba APs. 4 MacBooks on Ventura and 1 on Sierra cannot re-join the SSID or any SSID coming from any Aruba AP in that shopping center building. This all started after an "internet outage" and these MacBooks could not rejoin the network. It's very strange. We're still waiting on Aruba. The IT department from this shopping center is looking into this, but they want to blame the issue on our client's MacBooks. I've tried everything I could find online. These MacBooks can connect to any other router and hotspot except these Aruba APs.

Does anyone know how this issue was resolved?

• 7.  RE: Can't connect Apple MAC with Aruba

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2023 12:01 PM

I don't think that is a generic issue. And I don't think that an issue from 11 years ago is the same as you have now as if it was a known issue it would have been resolved by Apple and/or Aruba.

Do other Macbooks and/or other client types connect to the same network just fine?

You may try to disable 802.11r on the SSID as there are situations where this causes issues, just not as a generic issue.

It also could be that the clients are deny-listed on the network because of excessive authentication errors or other reason.

If you are already in contact with Aruba TAC, that is probably the best to get better understanding on what's going on.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------