Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Can't connect to SSID until AP rebooted

Hi

I had a weird one at a client where we are broadcasting 3 different SSID's - throughout the whole environment we could connect to 2 of the SSID with no problem except the one.

The SSID was broadcasting but no connection could be established with no clear error -- after rebooting the APs we could once again reconnect to the SSID.

Could there be a logical explanation for this?

Guru Elite

Re: Can't connect to SSID until AP rebooted

There is no logical reason for that.

You should open a support case.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Thanks Collin -  I thought as much...
Unfortunately the Controller has also been rebooted since then so no logs available...

Just thought I'd pose the question anyway.

Hendrik

There are a couple of known issues floating around that could manifest as this. What AOS version are you on and what topology (lms+bkup lms? rap? cap? bridge? tunnel?) do you have.

If it happens again, collect the following to help narrow it down faster

show ap remote debug mgmt-frames ap-name <>

show ap tech-support ap-name <>

logging level debugging user-debug <mac of affected client>

show auth-tracebuf

tar logs techsupport 

regards

-jeff

Frequent Contributor I

Hi - thanks for the advise - will be sure to run the comamnds if it occurs again, so far it hasn't been a problem again.

We are running AOS 6.3.1.8 - All APs are CAP, with primary LMS set(no backup), all connections should be tunnel and controller is local with upstream master controller for vap-config and licensing.

Occasional Contributor II

I wonder what may have casued it.

I also encountered this kind of issue.

New Contributor

I am having this issue right now, i'm on a 7205 controller running 325's.  Did you ever find a solution?  

Guru Elite

How is your issue similar? This thread was opened two years ago.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Hi

Very Old thread, but if memorty serves the issue was related to a bad controller - same issue wasn't seen again but other problems cropted up afterwards (firmware on controller made no diference) restoring backup config onto a replacement controller resolved the issue.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: