Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Can't connecto to Chromecast

Running Aruba AP 205, 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.10_51810

Enabled the Googlecast service. And I am able to connect through my Macbook to Googlecast. However when trying the same on my iPhone I cant connect. It is possible to see the Chromecast through the Chromecast app on my iPhone but not with youtube or any other app.

Any thoughts?

Guru Elite

Re: Can't connecto to Chromecast

Is your iphone and the chromecast on the same subnet?  To make it as straightforward as possible, disable Airgroup and make sure Broadcast Filtering is Off for that SSID.  See if that makes a difference..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

They are both on the same subnet. Disabled the Airgroup and Broadcast filter. Now both the devices can't see the Chromecast.

Guru Elite

Are you assigning the iphone and Chromecast roles with firewall ACLs?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

No I turned the Firewall off and set allow all to all

Guru Elite

If you have the SSID broadcast filtering disabled and Airgroup disabled, and your clients are on the same VLAN, they should be able to see each other without issue.

Colin Joseph

Guru Elite

If you have the SSID broadcast filtering disabled and Airgroup disabled, and your clients are on the same VLAN, they should be able to see each other without issue.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Yes, worked thanks!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: