Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't install VIA to Win7 64 bit

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can't install VIA to Win7 64 bit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2013 07:20 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to install and test a VIA setup, but unfortunately the install fails on my Win7 64bit machines (tried 2 so far).

I have tried 'run as administrator' etc, but it fails.  The logs are a bit cryptic, but it does have a few messages which say 'Install error' and 'Couldn't install the network component'.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Can't install VIA to Win7 64 bit

Posted Jul 08, 2013 10:36 AM

Hi Michael,

Not sure if we are trying to upgrade the VIA OS version on the client or going to be a fresh install. 

We have the latest code of VIA 2.1.1.2 on the support site. I just tried in my computer and it works fine.

Can we try completely uninstalling the existing VIA OS if any and then re-install the new one to see how it goes. If that still doesn't work, please email me the VIA logs and errors to me which I could look into it and get back to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriram Subramanian

Technical Support Engineer

srirams@arubanetworks.com

• 3.  RE: Can't install VIA to Win7 64 bit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2013 04:45 AM

Hi,

I tested on a fresh Win7 VM and it installed fine, so it seems to be something to do with the build we have on our laptops.  There is obviously some conflict but I can't see what it is.  Will email the logs to you.

Couldn't get the VM to connect to the controller either, but that will be because I've got the config wrong somewhere.  I'll get that cracked in due course.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Can't install VIA to Win7 64 bit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2013 07:12 PM

Managed to get it working with IKEv1.  IKEv2 seemed to fail.....but probably something I missed in the config.

• 5.  RE: Can't install VIA to Win7 64 bit

Posted Aug 16, 2013 12:25 AM

I think I've discovered a possible solution to this issue.

I've tried to install all of the available versions of VIA on the support site, but each failed after installing the service and trying to create the VPN adapter, and rolled back with a failure message. The message was fairly cryptic and didn't provide any clue about what to try to resolve it.

I had Oracle VirtualBox installed on my computer with it's associated VirtualBox network adapters. 

After experiencing failure with all of the available versions of VIA, I despiration I uninstalled VirtualBox. After it was uninstalled, I tried the VIA installer again and success! It completed! When I'm feeling inspired I might try to put VirtualBox back on my computer. 

Hopefully this helps some people with the same issue.