Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

Dears I can't ping the Master standby IP whil I can ping VRRP and it is working

Trusted Contributor I

Re: Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

could you explain a little more about the configuration? perhaps post the different VRRP and IP configs?

all in same subnet?

i dont recall that certain things don't work anymore once you have the ipsec tunnel between controllers. it probably works but the traffic goes in a different direction. in principle it isn't that bad as long as your tunnels are up.

I solved it

Guru Elite

Do you mind telling us the solution?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

I was using one of iterface in local that is not the Controller IP

Frequent Contributor I

From the local controller, I tried pinging Loopback IP of the standby controller, it was not working....

From the local controller, I tried pinging Interface IP of the standby controller, it was working....

From the standby master controller, I tried pinging Interface IP of the local controller, it was not working....

From the standby master controller, I tried pinging Loopback IP of the local controller, it was working....

Anyone knows what is the difference and why is it behaving this way? ____

What would be the command(s) to troubleshoot the issue?

"If there's a will, there's a way."

Michael

it is likely due to the fact the IPsec tunnel is not up, meaning that there is a route-map on controller1 that has the loopback ip of controller2 down the ipsec tunnel, but since the tunnel is not up/broken/other it is just a sink. Causes include (ab)using nat-inside on vlan1, dupe ips, ipsec issues etc.

regards

-jeff

Frequent Contributor I

meaning to say, if local is unable to ping to master-standby, it is due to the "sink" characteristics of the master-standby IP address, right? ____

"If there's a will, there's a way."

msaw wrote:

meaning to say, if local is unable to ping to master-standby, it is due to the "sink" characteristics of the master-standby IP address, right? ____

more to the point, it's due to the fact there is a problem with the ipsec tunnel - be it master/local or master/master-redundant

regards

-jeff

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: