Wireless Access

Contributor I

Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule. ?

Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule.

Otherwise where else can we apply vlan pool except under vap profile.

My requirement is i have one ssid called voice,  IP phones and Vocera devices will be connecting to it.

each of them has multiple subnets/vlans , So planned to use vlan pooling, but vlan pools and not seem to be supported under 

user roles nor under user_derivation rules  how do we acheive this scenario.

Aruba Employee

Re: Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule. ?

As of today, VLAN pools cannot be used under user roles.  That feature will be available in a future version of code due out later this year.

Contributor I

Is there any alternative solutions you can think of in my scenario as of now ?

Aruba Employee

Not that I know of.  If you can consolidate the subnets into a larger supernet, then you can place all the voice devices into a single VLAN.  The only way I would recommend that solution, however, is if you are able to turn off broadcast/multicast on that VLAN.

olino wrote:

As of today, VLAN pools cannot be used under user roles.  That feature will be available in a future version of code due out later this year.

We've had a few people contact us about this, and I wanted to make sure there's no confusion.  Dates for future releases are subject to change all the time depending on business requirements, phases of the moon, etc.  I can confirm that yes, this feature will be available in a future version of code.  But the release date is not something that is confirmed at this point.

-Jon

---
Jon Green, ACMX, CISSP
Security Guy
Occasional Contributor II

Jon,

I too can use this feature (ability to assign user roles to VLAN pools) as that will make life a lot easier as well as add flexibility in the product. Any updates and a tentative release yet?

Thanks,

John

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: