Wireless Access

New Contributor

Can you configure multiple VAPs with the same SSID on the same AP Groups?

I'm working on reducing the number of SSID's being broadcasted, but have the issue of multiple wireless phones using different aaa profiles.  I can get it down to 3 SSID's broadcasted, but to do so would require a single SSID for my voice network.  Can I create multiple VAP's using the same SSID within the same AP Groups?  This would get me down to a voice network, guest network, and corporate network being broadcasted.  Currently I have 3 voice networks, each needing access to different resources.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David M Vaughn
Guru Elite

Re: Can you configure multiple VAPs with the same SSID on the same AP Groups?

You cannot broadcast the sender SSID more than once in the second ap-group. The big question is, what are the differences between your 3 handsets that needs to be configured?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

They have different roles.  One is used for nurse call, one is Vocera and is used in patient critical areas, and one is Avaya and is used by our lab.

David M Vaughn
Guru Elite

You could use a user derivation rule attached to the AAA profile based on what the Mac address begins with, to set the role.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I'll give that a try, thanks!!

David M Vaughn
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: