Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can you use two injectors on an AP-225 to supply power and data to each enet port

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can you use two injectors on an AP-225 to supply power and data to each enet port

Posted Apr 13, 2016 10:37 AM

I have several buildings where I need to install a single AP225.  None of these buildings currently have PoE switches.  Is it possible to use two injectors on a single AP225 to supply power and data to both enet ports?  Is there any benefit to running the second cat5 and injector? 

• 2.  RE: Can you use two injectors on an AP-225 to supply power and data to each enet port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2016 10:49 AM

I guess the question is why you would want to do that?  The AP only uses power from a single source at a time.

• 3.  RE: Can you use two injectors on an AP-225 to supply power and data to each enet port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2016 10:54 AM

You can, it will only use one, and if one fails, the other will will take over but the AP will reboot. You will also need to LAG the ports unless you do redundant phy on the switch as a standby port.

• 4.  RE: Can you use two injectors on an AP-225 to supply power and data to each enet port

Posted Apr 13, 2016 10:55 AM

Other than redundancy in the event that one line goes bad or looses power, is there any bandwidth advantage to having the second line? 

• 5.  RE: Can you use two injectors on an AP-225 to supply power and data to each enet port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2016 10:57 AM

No

• 6.  RE: Can you use two injectors on an AP-225 to supply power and data to each enet port
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2016 10:57 AM

@wdubose wrote:

Other than redundancy in the event that one line goes bad or looses power, is there any bandwidth advantage to having the second line? 

If you do not have devices that can sustain more than a gigabit of wireless throughput (few if any can), there is no advantage.  There is however more cost to running a second cable and power injector to an access point.