Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot access administration interface web on 6000 controller

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Cannot access administration interface web on 6000 controller

Posted Sep 23, 2014 04:19 PM

I just got an Aruba 6000 controller and I cannot seem to even get the web interface to load. I was able to change the password and IP address via the CLI, but I can't access the web interface via the IP Address. Any thoughts on this?

• 2.  RE: Cannot access administration interface web on 6000 controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 23, 2014 04:53 PM

What are you connected to on the 6000, is it an M3, SUP-II, etc? And are you in the mgmt port? If you are in the mgmt port you will need to try 172.16.0.254 or change the mgmt interface IP. 

If you are in a wired port, via one of the SFPs or a line card, make sure the ports are access in the vlan you configured, and that they are trusted.

• 3.  RE: Cannot access administration interface web on 6000 controller

Posted Sep 23, 2014 05:32 PM

Thanks for your reply. The chassis I have is loaded with a Supervisor Card is Slot 0 and a 2GE line card.

After poking around a little more in the chassis, I discovered that I was in fact connecting to the wrong port. I am using a laptop that is now wired with a static IP into the MGMT port on the Supervisor Card. Thank you very much for your assistance.