Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Captive Portal Certificate Issue

We have a controller which is having an issue with certificates on Captive Portal - hosted on the controller itself.

When connecting via Windows IE the CP page comes up fine (initially gets the "there is a problem with the website's security" message but able to proceed and log in.

However connecting with Android devices (Google Chrome and Firefox browser) they get the message "The indentity of this website has not been verified - Server's certificate is not trusted".

To me, that seems to that the certificate isn't authorised by a CA in the browser, rather than an issue with the controller itself?

I've checked the cert and it is in date, and the CN matches the controller DNS name.

MVP

Re: Captive Portal Certificate Issue

Hi!

Could it perhaps be a SHA-1 certificate? Many browsers, Chrome being one of them, doesn´t accept those anymore.

I´m guessing it´s a third party certificate that you bought yourself and not the default certificate? The default certificate is revoked and can´t be used anymore.

Cheers,

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP | CWNP: CWNA CWDP CWSP
Guru Elite

Occasional Contributor II

It is indeed a third party certificate (I've already had the headache from other sites about the revoked certificate!).

Looking at the error, it does also say that is ia an obsolete cipher suite. I'll look to see if i can find more information on this being the problem...

MVP

I bet it says SHA-1, you should aquire a third party SHA-256 certificate and you should be fine :)

Cheers,

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP | CWNP: CWNA CWDP CWSP
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: