Wireless Access

Super Contributor II

Captive Portal URL

Hi Friends,

Hope you are doing good

i have couple of question from you

q1: we have implemented captive portal and that is working fine. When the user log on to captive portal page the url shows "arubanetworks.com"  or something like that in url field of web browser, can we change it to something else like google.com.  q2

q2: Can we have separare user idle time out timers for different ssid's. i mean can we change the idle timers based on ssid. we have implemented wpa2

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
MVP

Re: Captive Portal URL

[ Edited ]

hi,

:smileyhappy:

a1: If u spekaing reagarding the (top-level login page) login page itself, You can change it an IP.

if you speaking regarding the welcome page,(not the login top-level page itself) yes,u may also  change it to any welcome page(landing page) that you would like. the users/guests will be redirect to this page after a success login process. (just dont forget to add http:// in the begining of the url)

a2: Please take a look on this post (from a few days ago - same question like you - with really good answers - read all the way up to the end)

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/Captive-portal-time-out-connection/m-p/68500#M7985

Have a gr8 week. :smileywink:

Me

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Super Contributor II

Hi Asa,

Thank you so much for your response. You are always very helpful for all the community memebrs.

Well we do not want to change login page or welcome page. we also do not want to redirect to specific page..
What we want is.. when user connect and browse to any page; the captive portal comes in action. at that time when captive portal is asking for username and password the URL of the page is something like arubanetworks.com/bla/bla/bla. the customer want to replace it with it own website. They dont want that customer see arubanetworks.com

can we do that ??

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
MVP

[ Edited ]

Yes you can, You client should build a captive porital (login page) by all the needed scripts rules,and uploaded it to his domain,for example: http://www.sysclient.com/login/         <<THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF A LINK...NOT A REAL CAPTIVE>>

and then - all u need to do is to change the login-page top level in your L3/Captive portal profile for your client login link and everything will work.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Guru Elite

syedmuradali wrote:

Hi Asa,

Thank you so much for your response. You are always very helpful for all the community memebrs.

Well we do not want to change login page or welcome page. we also do not want to redirect to specific page..
What we want is.. when user connect and browse to any page; the captive portal comes in action. at that time when captive portal is asking for username and password the URL of the page is something like arubanetworks.com/bla/bla/bla. the customer want to replace it with it own website. They dont want that customer see arubanetworks.com

can we do that ??

Syed,

The only way you can have a different URL  is to replace the built-in Aruba Controller SSL certificate with one from your organization or a public certificate:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-55

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor II

Thanks Cjoseph

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: