Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal Guest log in

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Captive portal Guest log in

Posted Oct 31, 2016 10:44 AM
      |   view attached

Has anyone come across this issue where you are connecting to the guest wifi is bring up the splash screen fo you to log in via captive portal. once you have entered the username and password and accepted you then get an error stating "Error Opening Page.... hotspot login cannot open the page because the network connection was lost"

you can press ok and then it connect successfully but im just a little concerned as why the error is randomly popping up, it seems to be intermittent and only when new users try to authenticate, as this is caching the mac address of the device, once it authenticate to the AP this will automatically connect to the guest wifi. 

i have attached a screenshot of the error and i believe it is something to do with not associated with the AP as its on 3G/4G after you log in 

• 2.  RE: Captive portal Guest log in

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2016 11:53 AM

You should open a TAC case in parallel to this post because there could be a number of reasons why this would happen.  We can ask things like:  what version of ClearPass, Are you using controllers, or instant APs and what OS is this happening to, but it would be quicker for TAC to get your actual data to diagnose...

With that being said:

- What version of ClearPass?

- Are you using a controller or instant-based APS?

- What version are they running?

- Do you have more problems with specific client operating systems than others?

• 3.  RE: Captive portal Guest log in

Posted Nov 03, 2016 11:47 AM

thanks for getting back to me. 

ClearPass Policy Manager 6.6.2.86786 on CP-VA-5K platform

we are using controllers on 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.2_56164 

it just seems to be iphone devices at the moment that is showing this error. all our Ap's are Aruba AP 225

Thanks 

• 4.  RE: Captive portal Guest log in

Posted Dec 29, 2016 02:54 AM

Hi all

I have the same issue with IAP 205,  version 6.4.4.0-4.2.4, CPPM 6.5 CP-VA-500.  The TAC engineer tells me that it looks like a IOS issue..... because it happens only on IOS devices (last versions), however the "looks like" does not convince me

Any update on your side?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Captive portal Guest log in

Posted Mar 31, 2017 06:09 AM

Same issue here. Running ClearPass 6.6.3 and IAP cluster with a mix of IAP-225 and IAP-205 access points, running 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.4_57496. Tested in iOS 10.2 and 10.3.

Anyone figured out the root cause yet?

• 6.  RE: Captive portal Guest log in

Posted Nov 15, 2017 11:28 AM

After some trial and error, what worked for me was loosening up the cookie policies on the Iphone. I had set my safari cookie policies to "Allow from Current Website Only". Once I changed that to "Allow from Websites I Visit", everything worked.

To access the cookie settings you go to Settings > Safari > Block Cookies

-Mat