Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal an IOS 9

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Captive portal an IOS 9

Posted Sep 23, 2015 03:11 PM

Has anyone had issues with it?

We got a captive portal in which we set the time out for the captive portal last 10 minutes for inactivity

After it 10 minutes of inactivity we would expect that the captive portal to show again.  Which is not happening, its odd.    We have to disconnect it from the controller and reconnect the iphone again so the captive portal show again.

This didnt happen with IOS 8.   This start happening to users that downloaded IOS 9

Anyone?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

Posted Feb 03, 2017 03:00 AM

I found many apple devices in my company iPhone and iPad have this problem too but most of them is iOS 10 .I have set user idle-timeout to 15300 second and re-authenticate interval to 8 hours every thing working properly but after this 2 timer had expire the captive portal never poping up again even though I turn off/on wifi again and again or reboot the devices.The only way to get through the login page is typing url at browser and for Android devices captive portal is working normally.

• 3.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2017 03:14 AM

I would make sure that apple-cna-bypass is not enabled in the Captive Portal Authentication profile:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/aaa_authentication_captive.htm?Highlight=cna bypass

• 4.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

Posted Feb 03, 2017 03:19 AM

Yes it's disable.

1.png

• 5.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2017 03:44 AM

What is the ACL for your Captive Portal "logon" role?  Type "show rights <logon role>"

• 6.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

Posted Feb 03, 2017 04:05 AM

This is my Logon Role

2.png

3.png

• 7.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2017 04:16 AM

That looks fine.  Unfortunately your idle timeout is set to 4.5 hours, which means the user will not see the captive portal for 4.5 hours unless there is no activity.  The reauthentication interval should be taken out, because it is not relevant.  

Just to understand are you saying that when the user initially connects there is no captive portal?  It is possible that the user is still in the user table, since you have the idle timeout set for so long.  You can try deleting the user from the user table to see if they can then get the captive portal as a test..

• 8.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

Posted Feb 03, 2017 04:28 AM

Yes when the user initially connects there is no captive portal and I already do the "aaa user delete" then I got the logon role but the captive portal do not popup and i had try this several time T_T .

• 9.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2017 04:38 AM

There could be more in your configuration that is preventing this, but I cannot guess what that could be.

• 10.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

Posted Feb 03, 2017 04:41 AM

A better way is open case right?

• 11.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2017 04:45 AM

Last question:

Are you using the internal captive portal on the controller or an external captive portal?  What is the 253.4 host?

• 12.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

Posted Feb 03, 2017 04:54 AM

I use internal captive portal on controller and 192.168.253.4 is a web server that provide a pdf file that guide user how to use company wifi.

• 13.  RE: Captive portal an IOS 9

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2017 05:16 AM

Yes, you should open a tac case.