Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Ceiling mount for AP 103

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Ceiling mount for AP 103

Posted Jun 18, 2014 08:50 AM

What are you guys using to ceiling mount the AP 103 to a standard drywall ceiling?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Ceiling mount for AP 103
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 18, 2014 09:02 AM
    From the data sheet. My suggestion would be the C1 or C2 models.

Spare mounting kit:
    -
    AP-220-MNT-C1: Aruba AP mount kit contains two
    ceiling-grid rail adapters for flat rails
    • List: $25
    Optional mounting kits:
    -
    AP-220-MNT-C2: Aruba AP mount kit contains two
    ceiling-grid rail adapters for Interlude and Silhouette
    style rails list: $25
    -
    AP-220-MNT-W1: Aruba AP mount kit contains one basic
    flat-surface wall/ceiling mount bracket
    List: $75
    -
    AP-200-MNT-W2: Aruba AP mount kit contains one
    secure flat-surface wall/ceiling mount cradle
    List: $75

The W1 and W2 are way easier to use and mount and unmount the APs, whereas it is more difficult with the C1 and C2 versions (from past experience).

• 3.  RE: Ceiling mount for AP 103

Posted Jun 18, 2014 09:14 AM

To add to pmonardo's post...........if there is ever a question on which options / accessories to use per AP we do post an Ordering Guide for each AP model on the products page.  For example, here is the ordering guide for the 103:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/OG_AP-103Series.pdf

• 4.  RE: Ceiling mount for AP 103

Posted Jun 18, 2014 10:01 AM

Thanks for the responses. I am aware of the order guide and looked at, but it is very unclear if the C2 mounting kit allows one to mount the AP directly to a drywall ceiling. It mentions rails, and I assume this is for a drop tile ceiling. I do like the price of the C2 more than the W2.

Also the W1 and W2 only say wall mount. From the installation manual it looks like it uses gravity to notch the AP into the cradle ON the wall. So do the W models still work on the ceiling?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Ceiling mount for AP 103

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2014 10:04 AM
    The W1 and W2 would be your options for ceiling mount.

• 6.  RE: Ceiling mount for AP 103

Posted Jun 18, 2014 10:34 AM

AP mounting HW has always been a tough item to decipher as there are so many options.  The best way to choose your option is to start with the AP Ordering Guide that you have already seen then go to the TAC site->Documentation->HW Installation Guides->APs then find the mount part#.  You will find HW installation guides for the individual mounts.  I am attaching a copy of the W1 and W2 --either of these options can be used for ceiling mounting on a solid surface.

Not an ideal solution but it is the best option at the moment........

doc.jpg

Attachment(s)

pdf
    AP-220-MNT-W1 IG Rev 02.pdf   245 KB 1 version
    pdf
    AP-220-MNT-W2 IG Rev 02.pdf   684 KB 1 version