Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Centralised licensing query

Hi all, 

Currently in our environment, at each site, we have two controllers deployed in a Master/Master-standby deployment. We also have centralised licensing deployed between the two controllers. Licenses purchased have been purchased using the serial number of the Master for the AP, PEF, RFProtect licenses. We have an excess of licenses at several of our sites and we would like to deploy a pair of central license servers to pool all the licenses from all sites. My question is, do these licenses need to be transferred to the two new license servers, or can I simply adjust the configuration of the Master/Master-standby to point at the VRRP IP of the new license servers and the licenses will be added to the pool? I'd like to avoid regenerating the licenses if possible due to the number of sites we have.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Centralised licensing query

Have you seen the article here?  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/Config_CL.htm?Highlight=centralized licensing

They do not need to be transferred or regenerated.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks cjoseph.

I wasn't sure based on a couple of paragraphs in the 'Aruba Mobility Master Licensing Guide'. 

This one in particular...

'If a controller had previously installed sharable licenses before it was added to a Mobility Master as a managed device, those licenses are no longer usable on a managed device. These license keys must be added to the Mobility Master and then Mobility Master WebUI and assign them to the Managed node'.

Probably just my reading of it as when we ordered the licenses we had them assigned to specific serial numbers of wireless controllers.

Guru Elite

Is this an ArubaOS 6.x deployment or an ArubaOS 8.x deployment?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

This is a 6.5 deployment

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

"'If a controller had previously installed sharable licenses before it was added to a Mobility Master as a managed device, those licenses are no longer usable on a managed device. These license keys must be added to the Mobility Master and then Mobility Master WebUI and assign them to the Managed node'."

--  This is from the ArubaOS 8.x documentation, not the 6.x documentation...

ArubaOS 8.x is a completely different architecture.

Colin Joseph

Doh! thanks :(

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: