Wireless Access

Contributor I

Certificate Issue with iOS

Hi everyone
Here is the issue... 
We want to put this certificate on the Captive Portal, we create de CSR on the controller and go to VeriSign to get  a Cerrtificate

We upload it as PEM, server cert, but the issue comes when we try to connect an iPad, iPhone, iPod or Android devices, on Laptops it goes ok, but on that devices for example iOS we get this.

IMG_0565[1].PNG

And we do not want to pop up this message on this devices.

Can you help me with that.

thanks a lot.

Contributor I

Re: Certificate Issue with iOS

I've been told they are working on a certificate that will come part of a future firmware update.

It's been an issue for me since day one.

Glad to know it's being addressed, but it's now be 7 months that I've been waiting for a fix...

Guru Elite

Ness wrote:

Hi everyone
Here is the issue... 
We want to put this certificate on the Captive Portal, we create de CSR on the controller and go to VeriSign to get  a Cerrtificate

We upload it as PEM, server cert, but the issue comes when we try to connect an iPad, iPhone, iPod or Android devices, on Laptops it goes ok, but on that devices for example iOS we get this.

IMG_0565[1].PNG

And we do not want to pop up this message on this devices.

Can you help me with that.

thanks a lot.

Most likely you have to allow http traffic to the OSCP server of your CA.  Please see the knowledgebase post here:  http://kb.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin/arubanetworks.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=643

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Chris Wagner wrote:

I've been told they are working on a certificate that will come part of a future firmware update.

It's been an issue for me since day one.

Glad to know it's being addressed, but it's now be 7 months that I've been waiting for a fix...

Chris,

Aruba has a built-in proof of concept certificate that should only be used for proof of concepts.  When deployed, customers are highly encouraged to replace this to ensure their security.  There is no certificate that can be deployed that will replace something that you need to purchase to secure your network.  There is nothing to address with regards to proof of concept certificates on the controller.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Hi Colin:

My response was a little quick as this was on the controller forum (didn't note that when posting).

Really, my response belongs to the IAP line and captive portal.

Guru Elite

Thanks for clarifying, Chris.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: