Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Certificate based authentication with controller without external RADIUS server

Hello!

I am trying to make a network with controller and access point, and I want the Users to authenticate to the wireless network with certificates (no usernam/password). Can it be done without an external RADIUS server? Can the controller authenticate with internal database and certificates? And if so, how?

Thx!

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Certificate based authentication with controller without external RADIUS server

NO.

You need radius server for this.

- Yopianus Linga-

Guru Elite

Re: Certificate based authentication with controller without external RADIUS server

Yes, you can configure EAP termination with EAP-TLS. Take a look at the user guide.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

Hi Cappali, I'm a bit confused with the "yes" statement.

Did you mean yes-approving my answer or, yes-can auth using cert without radius ?  :D

from guide :

EAP-TLS requires that you import server and certification authority (CA) certificates onto the controller(see “Configuring and Using Certificates with AAA FastConnect” ). The client certificate is verified on the controller(the client certificate must be signed by a known CA) before the user name is checked on the authentication server.

-Yopianus Linga-

Guru Elite

A RADIUS server is not required but is generally recommended.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: