Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Change AP power

Hi,

Controller - 7210(Master-Local) AOS 6.5.4, IAP325(Campus AP mode) managed by controller.

In our office thre are 8 AP(AP1- AP8) on cubical + cabin floor. We observed AP7 has associated with 47 clients(mostly n phy, radio status --> poor) and AP8 has associated with 42 clients.

We are trying to divert some clients to nearby AP by decreasing AP7 and AP8 and increasing neighbour AP power.

I have followed below URL to change AP power level

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-to-change-the-Transmit-power-of-a-specific-AP-s-in-an-AP/ta-p/185876

below are the query(in our setup AP is working on default power)

1) can i change power for AP so that will be applicable for a, b, g and n band instead of changing power for band(as per above url)

2) Is there any commnad(Webui) to check client Rx and Tx power.

Thank you...

Re: Change AP power

nik-mh wrote:

1) can i change power for AP so that will be applicable for a, b, g and n band instead of changing power for band(as per above url)

2) Is there any commnad(Webui) to check client Rx and Tx power.

1, The URL shows you how to change power on the bands you've mentioned. 

2, No. It's not possible to change the client Rx and Tx from the controller.

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216 | AMFX #11
---------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Frequent Contributor II

Hi James,

Sorry for the confusion.

I want to know below information.

1) How can we check client Tx and Rx rate. so we can assigned the same power level for respective radio band.

2) Under AP specific ARM profile if we set Assignement --> Single-band

and 160 Mhz support --> Auto    what will be benifits and impact or its better to set Assignement --> disable

Thank you..

Highlighted

1, You would need to look at the specification of the particular device to find it max Tx and Rx rates.

2,  I'm not sure. If your aim is to reduce the AP power on 2 particular APs to attempt to balance clients more evenly then, just do that. Leave the ARM settings as they were and just change the min & max Tx power on the 2 APs.

Do you have clinet match enabled?

Cheers
James

-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216 | AMFX #11
---------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: