Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Change controller IP address?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Change controller IP address?

Posted Mar 03, 2015 10:58 PM
    How difficult would it be to change the IP address of the aruba controller? We have all campus APs and they are set to use Ap discovery to find controller. I really don't want to do this but I might have too.

• 2.  RE: Change controller IP address?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 04, 2015 04:29 AM

Hi,

It is very simple to change the controller IP ( controller-ip vlan <vlan id> ) but the following will get effected,

1. You should reboot the controller to take effect the new IP ( All APs terminating on the same controller will reboot)

2. Master-local will be effected, need to reconfigure

3. Master-standby will be effected, need to reconfigure

4. If the master discovery is DHCP option 43 or DNS need to reconfigure with the new IP ( if the discovery is ADP will not effect)

In your case I'm assuming that you have only one controller and you are using ADP ( Aruba discovery protocol) to discovery the master controller, if so you have to change the controller IP and reboot, any way APs will reboot and discover the controller with the new IP by using ADP.

Hope got some more clarity,

Please feel free for any further query on this.

• 3.  RE: Change controller IP address?

Posted Mar 04, 2015 07:50 AM
    Yes we are master-local with HA. So I'll have to reconfigure that if I change IP address. Thanks