Wireless Access

Contributor II

Change exisiting Captive Portal URL

Hi community, my question is: how can I change the captive portal's url?

At this moment we have: https://10.254.2.x/guest/......

What we want to do is to change the IP address to a specific name(cppm-xxx.xxx), cause we have generated a SSL certificate related with cppm-xxx.xxx, also we have already uploaded it to the Virtual Controller as a Captive Portal type. I have tried to change the IP address to the CN on Clearpass Guest--> Web logins and nothing happened.

We have: Aruba IAP 225 (Virtual Controller as NAD) and Clearpass with Captive Portal configured.

Thank you in advance.

Guru Elite

Re: Change exisiting Captive Portal URL

In the External Captive Portal profile on the IAP, you need to change the ip and hostname fields:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/CaptivePortal/External%20Captive%20Portal.htm#Using

It is the IAP that determines where the client initially redirects.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor II

Re: Change existing Captive Portal URL

Hi Colin thank you for your reply.

I have changed the IP to the hostname and now when I connect my device to the guest SSID the browser says that the page isn't redirecting correctly.

Guru Elite

Do you have a DNS entry for that hostname?  Try to resolve the hostname on the client.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor II

Hi Colin,

Yes, the DNS server is resolving that hostname.

I was wondering if the captive portal needs to be configured again from zero. Just wondering.

Guru Elite

Re: Change exisiting Captive Portal URL

So, the IAP and the ClearPass boxes should have different Captive Portal Certificates.  You should not be referencing the fqdn of the certificate that you uploaded to the IAP.  You should be referencing the fqdn of the clearpass box.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: