Wireless Access

MVP

Changes being applied in the background -- can we view the queue?

I'm working my way through the 7.5 best-practices guide, and have had some trouble getting WMS offload to go.

Got it worked out, and am now waiting for the changes to be applied so I can see success or fail in the event log.

Fails were fast and easy to spot, success is taking some time.

When I attempt to meddle with other settings, there's a note at the top of the page stating that there are changes being applied in the background.

Is there a way to view the queued changes and track their progress?

--Matthew

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Guru Elite

Re: Changes being applied in the background -- can we view the queue?

What specific changes?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

The cahnge I made was to request that all 6 controllers change to enable WMS, only one changes immediately.

The others took quite a while.

I don't know what other changes were in the queue (that's why I wanted to see the queue)

-Matthew

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it

The best way to check is to take a look at the audit log on the controller's monitoring page. This will tell you if the change was submitted.  The other log is to review is the telnet_commands log file from the audit page of the controller to see if there were any failures when the command to enable wms was executed.We have seen some issues running mobility manager command on the controller when the SNMP creds haev been enabled with diff auth method.

Sujatha

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: