Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Changing controller IP via CLI?

Having a few issues trying to change the controller IP via CLI... running on v3 code, which appears to use somewhat different commands to newer releases, so Ive been told, and Im not 100% sure of the correct syntax.  CLI help has revealed a few possible options, but as Im not certain, Im somewhat reluctant to try...

Someohow, the controller IP has changed from the ip/vlan it was set to, to another, poss during a de-pairting/reboot procedure done a while back, whatever the reason, I need to put it back on the corret vlan/ip for the network it is on.

Any help would be appreciated!..

Aruba

Re: Changing controller IP via CLI?

EDIT:  The below command was introduced in 3.4, not sure if you are on that.

Do you need to just change the VLAN that is being used for the Controller IP?    If the VLAN and IP are defined the command is:

controller-ip vlan <id>

It will prompt for a reboot.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Regular Contributor I

Thats what Id been told, and tried.. but controller-ip isnt a listed command!

If I do ? at config# .. it reveals Clock... Crypto...

You got in there before I replied!!

I need to change both the vlan and the IP the controller is using...

Aruba

If you are running earlier version that 3.4 then the controller IP will be VLAN 1 by default or the Loopback if you have one defined.

ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Regular Contributor I

We have multiple controllers which are all using a management vlan (not vlan1).. for some reason, one of the controllers has decided to use a different vlan and IP, which I need to change back to the correct management vlan and IP.  No loopback address is configured on any of them.

Aruba

Sorry for the confusion, so you want to change the IP of the management VLAN, not the "controller ip".

Try the following:

interface mgmt

ip adddress x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Regular Contributor I

I need to change the controller ip... sorry, maybe im not explaining myself very well!

If I do a "show switch ip" on the controllers all but one tell me they are on on vlan123 and the correct IP for that network.  One of the controllers is telling me its vlan is 456 with another IP...  I need to put this one back on vlan 123 with the correct IP for that network.

Aruba

what version of code are you on?

ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Regular Contributor I

ArubaOS 3.3.2.14

Just configure the loopback interface and that will become your controller ip but ill require they you reboot afterwards also if you have master/local configure you have to make sure you update that too.
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: