Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Changing country code

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Changing country code

Posted Jan 10, 2015 03:30 PM

Hello!

I have Controller and about 100 AP's in network, with some country code.

Have to change country code.

As I understand - I have to backup configuration, then reset controller, then upload backuped configuration. Right or not? All settings will come to Controller or there is some exclusions?

Is AP's will change country code too?

(There is IAP is changed to CAP)

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Changing country code
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 10, 2015 11:51 PM

What regulatory domain was your controller purchased under?  In other words, what is the model number of the controller?   As an example:

3600-US

3600-IL

7210-US

If your controller is -US or -IL, you cannot change this.   If it does not have this designation, it is deemed "rest of world"; thus no need to change country codes.  You can set regulatory domains for other countries through the regulatory domain profile, allowing you to abide by country regulations on rest of world controllers.

As for IAPs, if they were purchased as -US it can only connect to -US controllers when converted; etc.

• 3.  RE: Changing country code

Posted Jan 11, 2015 02:14 AM

Hello!

First of all - thank you for help!!!

Controller - 7210RW (rest of world)

AP - IAP-103RW too

If regulatory domain profile will be, for example, UA, and country code on Controller is KZ (which installed in Initial setup), in this case AP's will be working normal with controller?Would not it be missconfiguration?

(provided that IAP-103 can't work in KZ)

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: Changing country code

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2015 05:58 AM

to change the CC of the whole controller, you need to write erase all and start again from the serial port - the quickstart provisioning will ask you for country code and it cannot be changed once the controller is provisioned.

Or, you can just change it in the ap system profile, this will ensure the APs are using the right regulatory domain.

Having said that, converted IAPs are very picky about regulatory domains - if your IAP is set to UA for example, but the controller is using KZ, I would just erase the config (dont forget to keep output of 'show license' before you do) and start again.

regards

-jeff

• 5.  RE: Changing country code

Posted Jan 11, 2015 11:12 AM

opali@muk.ua wrote:

If regulatory domain profile will be, for example, UA, and country code on Controller is KZ (which installed in Initial setup), in this case AP's will be working normal with controller?Would not it be missconfiguration?

(provided that IAP-103 can't work in KZ)

Thank you!

You can write erase all and reset the country code as jgoff suggests; but in your case if you have a RW controller and the country code is already set to KZ, you can connecet APs from UA; just be sure to set a regulatory domain profile for that AP Group that is designated UA for those APs.    Also heed jgoff's suggestion on IAPs and country codes.

• 6.  RE: Changing country code

Posted Jan 11, 2015 03:08 PM

Thank you for help!!!

I change regulatory domain for UA and all AP's successfully moved from AM to AP.