Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Checking logs of an AP that is in a down state

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Checking logs of an AP that is in a down state

Posted Jul 26, 2018 03:52 AM

Hi folks,

Just looking some advice on our logging on the OAW 4030 controlller.

So basically an example, I came in this morning and an AP had went down overnight in a remote site.  I wanted to check the logs on the controller for the AP but getting "No AP found with ap_name " as the AP is down.

Is there a way that the controller keeps historial logs or what is the best command to troubleshoot the logs in the CLI so i can go back and see what time the AP failed and if there was any reason (i.e. in this instance the AP could not get an IP as the DHCP went down)

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Checking logs of an AP that is in a down state

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2018 05:00 AM

You can type "show log system all".  That would depend on an access point having enough connectivity to send syslog to the controller, though.

The best way is to look at the console.

• 3.  RE: Checking logs of an AP that is in a down state

Posted Jul 26, 2018 05:05 AM

Are there any historic logs after an AP goes down that you can look back over and go to the last time stamp that the AP was up and then check to see for any error messages?

• 4.  RE: Checking logs of an AP that is in a down state

Posted Jun 04, 2019 12:41 AM

Do you get the solution? 

• 5.  RE: Checking logs of an AP that is in a down state

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2019 05:01 AM

@scottm wrote:

Are there any historic logs after an AP goes down that you can look back over and go to the last time stamp that the AP was up and then check to see for any error messages?

You can only look at the system logs to see if the AP reported anything while it had connectivity to the controller.  When an AP goes down the logs are lost.