Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

Posted May 31, 2013 07:24 AM

Hi all,

Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.after rebooting the controller .Clients started getting the IP address and working fine.we got the same issue on multiple times.we did not found any  logs for the same 

Kindly let me know if any body have some solution.

Regards

ANU 

• 2.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2013 08:25 AM

What is providing DHCP.  Are you sure the leases are not used up?

• 3.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

Posted May 31, 2013 11:42 PM

Colllin is right

Please when it happens agains go to the cli and run

show ip dhcp statistics

You will see the free leases... if you see it on 0 thats your issue...

If that the issue you will want to distribute more IPs and also maybe putting a lower lease time on those...  maybe 4 hours if they are just visitors?

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

Posted Jun 03, 2013 03:03 AM

we alredy checked the same and there is no issue with DHCP and after rebooting the guest master controller everythink works fine .

all the local controller whisch is connected to the master guest got affected due to this issue.

• 5.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2013 03:43 AM

We do not have enough information to solve your problem.  We do not have a diagram to determine what is going on, or what is providing  dhcp and how.

• 6.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

Posted Jun 03, 2013 07:15 AM

Hi all,

We have Guest controller and local controler.We are connecting local controler to guest controller via Tunnel.
    we have seperate DHCP pool for guest access and separte DHCP server configerade for the guest Ip pool and It is connected to Guest controller.
    when clints requesting for the IP, it will get from DHCP server

Now Our issue is various local Clints which connected to differnt Local controller and not got IP address.We checked the DHCP server and other thinks realted to dhcp evrythinks works fine and rebotted the server also.It did not works well.

After rebooting the controller ,every clints got the Ip address and works fine

Regards
    ANU M

• 7.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2013 07:56 AM

Which controller do you have to reboot to get this working?  Do you already have a TAC case open?

• 8.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

Posted Jun 03, 2013 08:00 AM

Guest  controller rebooted.we did not raised tac with aruba.'

Please controller information

ontroller ModelAruba650
    ArubaOS Version5.0.3.2
    Compiled2011-04-05 at 13:45:44 PDT (build 27734) by p4build
    ROMSystem Bootstrap, Version CPBoot 1.0.0.0 (build 23274) 2010-01-19 11:11:4

• 9.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2013 08:02 AM

How many DHCP guest clients is that 650 serving? The internal DHCP server on the Aruba controller is only rated for 400 leases.

• 10.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

Posted Jun 03, 2013 08:03 AM

It is near to 200+ clients...

• 11.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2013 08:25 AM

I would either try using an internal dhcp server or open a support case.  The internal DHCP server on the Aruba controller is only for very small WLANs.  If you have 200 guest users, and you are using Captive Portal, you probably have even more users that have not authenticated that are trying to get an ip address because they have associated.

• 12.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

Posted Jun 03, 2013 08:45 AM

yes we are using Captive Portal for the authentication.Kindly let me know if you have any solution or any steps whcih we can look the logs to identify the problem.We observed the issue multiple times

• 13.  RE: Cients couldn't get IP address for wireless Guest net.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2013 09:13 AM

I would type "show ip dhcp binding" or "show ip dhcp statistics" on the controller providing DHCP when the problem happens.  If you get the message, "Module DHCP Daemon is busy. Please try later" you are running into the internal DHCP server limit and need to use an external DHCP server.

If I were you, I would not wait, I would just start configuring an external DHCP server now.  If you have more than one controller tunneling traffic, you are going to have alot of users and are probably hitting the limit.