Wireless Access

Citrix Configuration and Suggestions

Can someone please post the configuration for the default citrix-acl policy?  Mine got tweaked and I don't recall the default config.  Based on the answer, I may have additional questions.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

Re: Citrix Configuration and Suggestions

(Aruba7640-US) #show configuration | include citrix
netservice svc-citrix tcp 2598
ip access-list session citrix-acl
  any any svc-citrix  permit tos 46 dot1p-priority 6

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks Colin.

You forsee any issues with Citrix being tagged DSCP 46 since MS Lync is as well?  Just thinking about areas of high density and the increased level of contention between Citrix/Lync.

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

Here is what I would advise:

I would only start tagging Citrix if I am having application problems with Citrix.  Voice and Video are demonstrably more delay sensitive.  If you did tag Citrix, I would have no problems with it, unless Citrix users are in the majority.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

We're getting reports of users disconnecting from Citrix and I'm not sure if it's Wi-Fi/LAN/WAN yet.  As you said, I want to consider tagging to fix it, but am concerned about the tradeoff of affecting Lync.  Maybe I'll start with a lower ToS value, after I do some more digging into LAN/WAN side.

Aside from the default citrix ACL, I can't find any documentation, best practices, etc for deploying Citrix over wi-fi, let alone in a VoIP environment.

Guru Elite

Defining your problem and troubleshooting the issue is what should be done first.  Slow citrix is one thing.  Disconnects is another.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: