Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Clarity Synthetic

I installed the engine on a new VM yesterday and connectivity to Airwave is working fine but I'm unable to get any new synthetic transactions to work the main error message I get is below, I've gone through the doc a number of times to make sure I'm creating the transactions correctly and I am.

Failed: Failed to establish gre & websocket connection with syntheticAP

The other issue is that when I go to a transaction to find out why its failed and download the logs the logs file is empty.

I know this is a beta of the whole Clarity technology but it would be good to be able to at least see a synthetic transaction complete without an error.

If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated?

Thanks

Jon

Re: Clarity Synthetic

Your best bet would be to open a TAC case, but what AP model, what controller model, what AOS version, and I'm assuming AMP 8.2.3? Does your AMP have admin rights to the controller that it's monitoring/managing?

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Frequent Contributor I

We're running AOS 6.4, Airwave 8.2.3 and the AP model is 205.

Super Contributor II

AirWave supports synthetic testing for the following Aruba access points running ArubaOS 6.5.0.0 or later: l AP-220 Series l AP-210 Series l AP-200 Series

You would likely need to upgrade to 6.5. 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks, when I looked through the doc I picked up the AP's that were supported but totally missed the AOS that needed to be in use for it to work.

Occasional Contributor II

Questions regarding this topic:

• where can I download the Clarity Engine OVA file?
  • must the Clarity Engine ruinning in same network, or can it run on a hosted server as well reachable on a public WAN IP?

Thanks.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: