Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass-Wanabe Captive Portal on Aruba Controller 6.X

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass-Wanabe Captive Portal on Aruba Controller 6.X

Posted May 10, 2017 11:02 AM

Just finishing a captive portal design based on CPPM.

The size is quite big, so it is recommended to increase the concurrent CP user.. see this link for more details.

Here are the CP preview

(view in My Videos)

And here are link of the files in zip (2.83 MB) :D -- (can't post rar file)..

Enjoy...!

• 2.  RE: ClearPass-Wanabe Captive Portal on Aruba Controller 6.X

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2017 05:33 AM

Thanks, this looks pretty cool!

Though, I should recommend against putting content like this on the controller. The controller is not designed to be a web server, hosting content like this and in environments where you have more than just a few users, this can result in serious issues.

If you can place the content on an external web server, and white-list access to that server from the guest's login role, you can still host the content and use an external captive portal for that.

The authentication POST from the index.html:

... method="POST" action="/auth/index.html/u" ...

.. should be changed to have the full https://<name-of-the-controller-certificate> in the action.

Another benefit is that if you have multiple controllers, there is no need to put the content on each of them. Also, the content management may be easier as it may be managed with the tools you have in place already for internet or intranet websites.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass-Wanabe Captive Portal on Aruba Controller 6.X

Posted May 16, 2017 05:49 AM
    Thanks for the response.
    I completely agreed, since the controller memory is limited, it is better to offload this page to other web server.

For information, I have tested it on my 3400 and it looks like the controller can handle it well. But, when i try to upgrade it, there is not enough memory left to do the task.. :)

Best regards
    Yopianus Linga