Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass access tracker

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  ClearPass access tracker

Posted Aug 16, 2016 03:17 AM

Hello,

I am not able to see access tracker logs in Publisher from the other cluster nodes.

I received an message: 'Waiting to complete current operation...'  and
    after a while an error message: 'Database connection failure: Host may be disconnected; please retry.'  when I am trying to check it.

Of course the servers are running and I can check access tracker logs locally on every server.

Does anyone have the same issue? I am running ClearPass Policy Manager 6.6.0.81015

• 2.  RE: ClearPass access tracker

Posted Aug 16, 2016 05:17 AM

Do you have a firewall in between your publisher and subscriber nodes?

Specific ports are required to open the logs on the other nodes in the cluster.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass access tracker

Posted Aug 16, 2016 08:33 AM

It looks like there is. I have to confirm it with network team.

Could you tell me if I should open firewall for mgmt or data interface?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass access tracker

Posted Aug 16, 2016 08:38 AM

I would imagine it would be the mgmt interface but you can check by connecting to the CLI of the ClearPass appliance and running "network ip list".

• 5.  RE: ClearPass access tracker

Posted Sep 28, 2016 10:42 AM

We have the same issue with the error "Database connection failure: Host may be disconnected; please retry" this connection does go through the firewall.  It has happened once we upgraded tothe 6.6.2 patch.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass access tracker

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2016 10:50 AM

@browneyed_wifi wrote:

We have the same issue with the error "Database connection failure: Host may be disconnected; please retry" this connection does go through the firewall.  It has happened once we upgraded tothe 6.6.2 patch.

Have you opened a TAC ticket so that they can take a closer look?