Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Click Repair to Fix Rogue Containment

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Click Repair to Fix Rogue Containment

Posted Feb 20, 2012 02:17 PM
      |   view attached

My controllers show up with configuration mismatches relating to rogue classification. I have WMS offloaded, and it appears to be setup correctly, but when I go to the manage device page for the mismatched device, a message at the top states "Click Repair to fix rogue containment. If I click repair, the configuration mismatch goes away. I'm running AMP 7.4.7 and ArubaOS

• 2.  RE: Click Repair to Fix Rogue Containment

Posted Feb 21, 2012 10:48 AM

Can you post what the mismatches look like? 

• 3.  RE: Click Repair to Fix Rogue Containment

Posted Feb 21, 2012 12:25 PM
      |   view attached

The rogue appears to conflict between the controller and AMP, and clicking "Repair Rogue Containment" removes the mismatch.

• 4.  RE: Click Repair to Fix Rogue Containment

Posted Feb 21, 2012 02:15 PM

I'd recommend taking a look at /var/log/partial_config_pusher to see if there are any errors.  This might give you the answer by itself. If it doesn't it should still provide information for tracking down the problem.

• 5.  RE: Click Repair to Fix Rogue Containment

Posted Mar 19, 2012 03:39 PM

The partial config update server log reads "Not pushing to the following controllers because they are down, don't support guest users, are standby master controllers, are in monitor only mode, or configuration/audit is disable"

They aren't down, guest users aren't managed, they're not standby masters, they are in monitor mode, but I've selected the "Allow WMS Offload configuration in monitor-only mode:" option in AMP setup to yes.

I'm lost, and I know it's because some setting is incorrect.

• 6.  RE: Click Repair to Fix Rogue Containment

Posted Mar 19, 2012 07:58 PM

Okay, I did a little bit of digging to see if there were anything obvious I could find. No joy.  At this point I'm afraid I have to recommend opening a TAC case.