Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client Match Technology Dependency (Controller or APs ?)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Client Match Technology Dependency (Controller or APs ?)

Posted Jan 28, 2015 05:19 AM

Hi fellow community members,

Can anyone please confirm if Aruba's client match technology has something do to with the access points or its totally depended on controller and its firmware?

Explanation: Whether or not APs need to be client match supported or all of current and End of Sale APs (e.g. AP 90 series) support this technology? I have read it somewherer that MC needs to be running 6.3 or higher for this but i'm not sure about the AP compatibility.

If its AP dependent then please let me know which models of APs does not support this technology.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Client Match Technology Dependency (Controller or APs ?)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2015 05:22 AM

aruba.markus,

Clientmatch is supported on all 802.11n, 802.11ac access points on ArubaOS 6.3 and above:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/ARM/Client_Match.htm

• 3.  RE: Client Match Technology Dependency (Controller or APs ?)

Posted Jan 28, 2015 06:17 AM

"Legacy 802.11a/b/g devices do not support the client match feature. When client match is enabled on 802.11n-capable devices, the client match feature overrides any settings configured for the legacy bandsteering, station handoff assist or load balancing features. 802.11ac-capable devices do not support the legacy bandsteering, station hand off or load balancing settings, so these APs must be managed on using client match"

Quoting the above statements from the link you have provided. What i understand from this is that client match was there even before in the form of options like  legacy bandsteering, station hand off or load balancing. Now as the 11ac APs do not have these options hence client match (with few more enhanced features) was introduced. Make sense :)

Thank you