Wireless Access

Re: Client Match

ClientMatch is on the roadmap for IAP.  I don't, however, have an ETA.

Contributor I

Ok Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've a client who is falling for the usual ruckus bs about how there kit will wipe the floor with aruba when roaming ect so going to send him a load of documentation and test reports ect but didn't want to send him one on client match if they didn't support it

Also remind them that L3 roaming has been supported since September 2012 (v.3.1)

Occasional Contributor I

Is there a configuration guide available, or is it just the checkbox in the ARM profile?

Highlighted

You can find it here 6.3 User guide should help you:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/11362/Default.aspx

I have attached it

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks.  That helps a bit.  I've been playing around a bit with it this afternoon and I still can't get some of my sticky clients to move.  Client match doesn't show any attempts to move either.  I get the client's snr down below 20 and it's dropping almost 100% of the frames and still no attempts to move.  The client is within 6 ft. of a different ap.  I think it may have something to do with the fact that when I do a "show ap arm client-match neighbors" on the sticky ap it returns nothing.  

A "show ap arm client-match history" shows that client match is moving an occasional client, just not the ones I'm testing or on the APs I'm trying it on, even though it should be within the threshold for a move.

Any ideas?

A couple of things:
- just in case but make sure 802.11k is enabled in controller settings
- make sure that the wireless card on your device supports 802.11k and .11v (this is how the AP/controller are able to get necessary information to steer the client to the best AP )
- do show ap debug client-table <APNAME> to get more info about the client
- also do a show ap virtual beacon report <client Mac> and run the debugging arm-user-debug <client Mac>
- also understand that because the AP is closer it means it has a better connection for that client</APNAME>
Thank you

Victor Fabian

Check to see if this client was deemed "unsteerable".  If the system tries to steer a client and it fails to move 5 consecutive times (default) then it is flagged as unsupported / unsteerable.

Try this command to see if it shows your sticky client:

show ap arm client-match unsupported

We will use 802.11k and .11v as part of the steering process if the client supports it.  Otherwise, ClientMatch will use Aruba's own methods.

Marcus can you please elaborate more on those methods
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: