Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Client Session Report Help

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if my syntax is just off.  I'm trying to run a client session report on 3 individual MAC addresses for a specific timeframe.  If I select to Filter on "Clients/Users" then I can use the "Client Search Filter".   I've tried to enter multiple MAC Addresses in this line without any luck.  I've tried separating by spaces, Commas or semi-colons with the same results every time.  Single MAC Addresses work fine, but I can't get the right expression for multiple.   

Is this even possible?  I would think so but I am starting to question it.  

If it makes a difference, I am on 7.6.2 currently, with plans to upgrade next week.

Any ideas or hints would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Re: Client Session Report Help

Looks like functionality hasn't been built to do multiple client/users.  This would be a good feature to request through the Ideas Portal on the support site.

After several report runs, it looks like for the 3 unique MACs, you'd have to run 3 reports.  Though in the broader scope, you can also do a common MAC match i.e. "24:77:03" - this will pull data from all clients with this partial in their MAC address.

clientsession.jpg

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Frequent Contributor I

Re: Client Session Report Help

Thanks Rob.  That is kind of what I was expecting.  I'll see if the idea has already been posted, and if not, add it to the list.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: