Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client disconnects

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Client disconnects

Posted Dec 14, 2015 01:48 AM

Hi all,

Got up this morning to find that (most) of my clients had disassociated from the AP and they had fallen back to 4G (2.4 & 5 radios).

They were all in good signal range as the AP is upstairs.

Is there a particular setting somewhere that i have missed, or maybe even mis-configured?

My previous AP held onto them until they were out of range.

Using my iPhone as an example, the RSSI in client match was around 35.

Also, i did notice on my old AP that every hour or so, it performed a 'handshake' with all associated clients, however, going through the (vast!) logs, i cant seem to find out if the 215 performs this function, as i beieve this keeps the clients connected when they are idle.

Thanks for any help.

• 2.  RE: Client disconnects

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2015 07:54 AM

The access point might have changed channels and your clients did not follow it.  You would need to go to maintenence and run the ap arm history command.

• 3.  RE: Client disconnects

Posted Dec 30, 2015 03:55 AM
    Well, after going through various logs, rebooting and even resetting the ap, I Left it to see if I had anymore and this morning I discovered my phone had disconnected at around 2am.

My iPhone is the only one on the 5g network.

All others are on 2.4g and do not have this issue.

From what I can see in the logs there doesn't seem to be any reason why this is happening.

Connection speed and signal strength are showing as being healthy, so cant think it would be that.

I have been home for the last week due to the holidays and it has been fine, however, I did go out for a few hours yesterday which does seem to be odd and maybe a coincidence .

Any more pointers aporeciated.

• 4.  RE: Client disconnects

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2015 07:12 AM
    There are many reasons why that could happen. If you have the ap tech support, we might be able to guess. If enough time has passed, we might not be able to know.

• 5.  RE: Client disconnects

Posted Dec 30, 2015 11:09 AM

ok, shall i post the whole thing here?

There is quite a lot of it!

• 6.  RE: Client disconnects

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2015 11:53 AM

It is most likely that the logs that could tell us what happened are gone.  I would start by turning off Client Match.

• 7.  RE: Client disconnects

Posted Dec 30, 2015 01:59 PM

Ok, yes i went through the log and it was only showing from around 4pm this afternoon.

I have disabled client match so ill see how that goes for a few days.

Thanks.