Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client getting a Certificate error message

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Client getting a Certificate error message

Posted Dec 12, 2013 03:39 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I have a Microsoft NPS customer that is using a GoDaddy certificate.  The clients are connecting, however, before they connect, they are getting the following error popping up;

the server presented a valid certificate issued by Entrust.net Secure server certification Authority, but Entrust.net secure server certification authority is not configured as a valid trust anchor for this profile.  Further, the server is not configured as a valid NPS server to connect to for this profile

Can anyone tell me what this is happening and where I should be looking in order to fix this?

Thanks..

• 2.  RE: Client getting a Certificate error message

Posted Dec 12, 2013 04:04 PM

I also would like to add that it's not only happening on Window devices, by Android, Apple IOS etc.  Basically, it happend everything they first try to authenticate.  they acknowledge it, and get authenticated.  If they disconnect and then try to reconnect they are prompted again with this error.

• 3.  RE: Client getting a Certificate error message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2013 04:15 PM
    Do you have the root CA certificate installed on the NPS server?

• 4.  RE: Client getting a Certificate error message

Posted Dec 12, 2013 04:17 PM

Yes, we do.

• 5.  RE: Client getting a Certificate error message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2013 04:21 PM
    If you open the server certificate inside the NPS PEAP settings, are there
    any chain trust errors?

• 6.  RE: Client getting a Certificate error message

Posted Jan 11, 2018 11:05 AM

Hello, 

We are having the same issue here. We are able to connect but we recieve this prompt before we can connect. Does someone have a resolution to this issue? 

@aolavarr wrote:

Hi,

I have a Microsoft NPS customer that is using a GoDaddy certificate.  The clients are connecting, however, before they connect, they are getting the following error popping up;

the server presented a valid certificate issued by Entrust.net Secure server certification Authority, but Entrust.net secure server certification authority is not configured as a valid trust anchor for this profile.  Further, the server is not configured as a valid NPS server to connect to for this profile

Can anyone tell me what this is happening and where I should be looking in order to fix this?

Thanks..

CertError.jpg

• 7.  RE: Client getting a Certificate error message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 11:11 AM
    This is a normal part of using legacy, insecure tunneled EAP methods on an unmanaged device.

• 8.  RE: Client getting a Certificate error message

Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:19 PM
    We are using Nps servers at each location  with a root ca certificate . 
    I don't have this issue with Cisco. 
    Do I need to upload the certificate to airwave and push it down to the instant controller. ? 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

• 9.  RE: Client getting a Certificate error message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:21 PM
    No. This happens between the client and RADIUS server. Ensure that termination is not enabled on your IAPs or controller.

• 10.  RE: Client getting a Certificate error message

Posted Jan 11, 2018 04:04 PM

The option to terminate is set to NO.