Wireless Access

Contributor II

Clustering different HW controller modells

Hello!

I am trying to cluster an aruba 7030 physical controller and an aruba 7030 US physical controller under a mobility master. In the full setup, I set both controllers to US. They both come up on the MM, but they say they fail to establish IPsec tunnel with each other. Can the controller modell cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

Guru Elite

Re: Clustering different HW controller modells

Are you trying to cluster a ROW controller with a US controller?  Those conntrollers cannot serve the same region so I would guess No.

It might work as a proof of concept, but later they might change that.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Contributor II

Ok! Thanks!

Contributor I

Set the country code of the ROW controller to US?

Contributor II

Yes, I have tried that, but under the mobility master if I look at the controller, one is displayed as "aruba 7030" an the other is "aruba 7030 US". It starts to negotiate connection and then it fails.

(These are just test equipments, so this is not a big problem for me. Just wanted to check this for future reference.)

Contributor I

Is the cluster negotiation connection failed? I tested with 7024-US and 7024-RW, and the cluster negotiated L2 connection successfully.The test version is 8.3.0.0

Guru Elite

dkatai@valkyr.hu wrote:

Yes, I have tried that, but under the mobility master if I look at the controller, one is displayed as "aruba 7030" an the other is "aruba 7030 US". It starts to negotiate connection and then it fails.

(These are just test equipments, so this is not a big problem for me. Just wanted to check this for future reference.)

Type "show lc-cluster group-membership" to see if you can see the error.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: