Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Command Line Help... non-HT WLAN mode search

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Command Line Help... non-HT WLAN mode search

Posted Dec 06, 2015 11:57 PM

Afternoon,

I have some Aruba 225's which are in non-NT WLAN Mode (5GHz light is solid amber). Since I have over a hundred AP's across my network, is there a way to do a command line search for those AP's which are effected.

I have worked out that it is my fanless HP Switches not capable of the POE Load. I have brought some injectors to fix it though would like to save time on a walk around if possible.

Thanks in anticipation.

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Command Line Help... non-HT WLAN mode search

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2015 12:01 AM

It could also be that way if you have an SSID on the 5ghz that is in non-HT mode (like WEP).  The 5ghz band is never degraded if the switch is only using regular POE.  The 2.4ghz band will revert to 1x1 capability, but the 5ghz is never touched if your switch does not do POE+.  If you have an SSID that is broadcasting a non-HT SSID, that is probably your issue.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=14676