Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Condition/threshold of moving from pot-sta-list to sta-list

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Condition/threshold of moving from pot-sta-list to sta-list

Posted Sep 07, 2015 07:57 AM

Does anybody can explain this to me? Or may be as well as detected time/monitored time?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Condition/threshold of moving from pot-sta-list to sta-list

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2015 02:55 AM

hi Nairan

i'll chase up the WMS devs and see if i can get an answer on it.

regards

-jeff

• 3.  RE: Condition/threshold of moving from pot-sta-list to sta-list

Posted Sep 20, 2015 05:14 AM

Hello Jeff, Did you get something out?

I read quite a lot through the official docs but did not get something clear. Actually when I study 

the relation between client scannings and the snr reported by APs, I have following findings. 

My client device was performing continuous scans back to back (probe request again right after receive responses of the previous request). Suppose the client heard from APx (may or may not be the associated one) at T0, and (by pulling out snr statistics from the controller using snmp query) further suppose the controller has a new snr record about the same client from APx at T. Then I found T - T0 on average (across 50+ APs) is 300+ seconds... 

Does it make sense? Note that the client may not have any data traffic with these APs... 

Regards,

• 4.  RE: Condition/threshold of moving from pot-sta-list to sta-list

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2015 09:37 PM

hi Nairan

for the pot-sta to sta, here is what I got back

"

A pot-sta is a station that is not (detected to be) associated to any AP.  It is promoted from a pot-sta to a sta only when we detect that it is associated to an AP.  If we see unicast data from the AP to the client, or positive association reply frames from the AP to the client, then we deduce that it is associated to that AP."

for the q about T0/T I am not quite sure I follow, can you clarify with example data ?

regards

-jeff