Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuration Advice...

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Configuration Advice...

Posted May 14, 2018 01:18 PM

sample design.PNG

We have offices in the locations above. I would like to connect the offices together with Aruba controllers for redundancy and for sharing the same VLANs at each location. How would this be best accomplished?

Site 1 - 7010 controller

Sites 2, 3 & 4 would be 7005 controllers

Would I need to use a Master/Local configuration? Or should they all be individual masters? Also, I don't want to cause a loop, so how would I prevent that on the site to site vpn's? Another also, LOL, I would like to set up redundancy for the RAPs I have deployed so that should a hurricane roll through and wipe my NC location off the map, my RAP users will still be in business.

Thanks gang, any input is appreciated :-)

• 2.  RE: Configuration Advice...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2018 01:58 PM

How does communications between those sites occur today? Do you already have a private WAN at these sites or are they islands?

• 3.  RE: Configuration Advice...

Posted May 14, 2018 02:05 PM

Currently the NC site is live and the 4 or 5 RAPs deployed report back to it. The other three sites do not have controllers (yet). There is a development network at the NC site which may eventually expand to the Tennessee site for DR purposes since the NC site is coastal and susceptible to hurricanes.