Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuration of Aruba IAP-225

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Configuration of Aruba IAP-225

Posted Aug 27, 2015 07:36 AM

Folks,

I need some tips to start of with configuring an IAP-225. We have recently got a 2 IAP-225 but to begin with we only want to configure one. This will act as the master as well as the AP.

How can I start? Is there any document I can refer to?

Thanks,

N.

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Configuration of Aruba IAP-225
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: Configuration of Aruba IAP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2015 08:14 AM

There would have been a quick start guide inside the box as well to follow. 

• 4.  RE: Configuration of Aruba IAP-225

Posted Sep 04, 2015 06:35 AM

This link helped me getting things online, there is still some stuff that we need to get sorted.

Thanks,

N.

• 5.  RE: Configuration of Aruba IAP-225

Posted Aug 28, 2015 02:07 AM

HI,

If you have little knowledge on WLAN config, it is very simple. it is completely wizard oriented config.

Step 1 : reset it to the factory settings, you will find a small hole back side of the IAP. Power up IAP and press the button for 30 sec and remove the power while continue pressing the button, as a good practice repeat this for  two times.

Step 2 : Now uplink it to a POE Switch and allow it get a valid IP

Step 3 : After boot up it will broadcast "Instant " SSID, connect your laptop to Instant SSID.

Step 4 : Open browser and it will take you to the web UI of IAP or if you know the IP you can web UI over the wired network.

Step 5 : Now select new WLAN and wizard will be opened to configure the new WLAN.

If you are very new to configure WLAN please go through the videos available online or go through the User guide.

• 6.  RE: Configuration of Aruba IAP-225

Posted Apr 28, 2016 01:50 PM

When setting up the 2nd IAP in a cluster - is it necessary to hook it up to the wired switch, or can it configure wirelessly from the master IAP?

Thanks,CV

• 7.  RE: Configuration of Aruba IAP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2016 01:57 PM

it must be wired.