Wireless Access

Contributor II

Configure AP-105 in bridge mode for WPA2-Enterprise network

On my campus WLAN, I am running 802.1x authentication on my WPA2-Enterprise WLAN.  I need to convert a mobile cart that only has an ethernet port to wireless.  I would like to convert one of my AP-105s to a bridge so that the mobile cart can plug into the eth0 of the AP-105 and the AP-105 will connect to the WPA2-Enterprise network via wireless using 802.1x credentials.  Is this possible?  Are there instructions as to how to do this?  I've been combing the forums and KB articles and docs and cannot find instructions.  It looks to me like you can only bridge a CAP with two CAPs and a PSK between them.

I am running ArubsOS 6.1.2.7.

Thanks!

Jodie

Guru Elite

Re: Configure AP-105 in bridge mode for WPA2-Enterprise network

You would convert the AP to a mesh point, and any AP that the AP-105 would connect to, to a mesh portal.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Hmm.  Ok.  The problem is this is a video conference cart and it will get moved around and I won't know which AP it is going to associate with.  I don't know that I would want to convert the whole campus to mesh portals right?

Does anyone know of a wireless bridge device that can support WPA2-Enterprise so that I can authenticate to the wireless with 802.1x credentials that I designate for this cart and then the video conference device can plug in via ethernet?  I am having trouble finding one that supports WPA2-Enterprise.

TIA!

Frequent Contributor I

Same question...any additional info?

jcrouch wrote:

Does anyone know of a wireless bridge device that can support WPA2-Enterprise so that I can authenticate to the wireless with 802.1x credentials that I designate for this cart and then the video conference device can plug in via ethernet?  I am having trouble finding one that supports WPA2-Enterprise.

Guru Elite

You have two choices:

The HP M111 802.11n client bridge:  http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/networking/products/wireless/HP_M111_Client_Bridge_Series/index.aspx#.VbfRyFUViko

The MP501 802.11ac client bridge:  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/networking-wireless/product-detail.html?oid=6372587

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: