04-09-2014 11:25 AM
I am looking for some help to configure a Aruba AP to work with a Cisco 7925G VOIP phone. This is a first time deployment. Our wireless controllers are running version 188.8.131.52 code.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
04-09-2014 03:21 PM
Please read the following document:
Page 62 has more specific information about Cisco phones
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
04-09-2014 09:05 PM
Sure. Here are same basic steps we may need to focus for better installation and deployment adding to above comments.
- Understand and Plan the AP & Client Capacity on the network..
- Make sure for Adequate coverage overlapping between AP`s for roaming.
- Calculate round-trip time between Controller to Call server, average should be less than 100 ms.
- Max the power on the phones for battery and with updated drivers.
- Make sure we have separate VLAN for Voice tagged across the switches.
- Make sure QOS, DSCP & dot1p parameters are applied & configured unique across all the way to call server for end to end QOS delivery.
- Follow the VRD for configuration, roaming optimization with best practices.
Feel free to contact TAC in case of any help required.
08-21-2014 05:43 AM
We are also now looking to deploy all-wireless to a new office space using Aruba wireless and Cisco VoIP phones. How did your deployment go? Would you consider contacting me to share any lessons learned you may have?