Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Configuring CPSEC.

Hello.  In the next few weeks I am looking forward to rolling out 73 AP-105's at a new site.  The customer has several other sites already mostly utilising AP-65's. It has been suggested to me that I can use CPSEC to speed up the provisioning process.

What I want to know is; what affect will this have on the other existing APs hanging off the customers controller?

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Configuring CPSEC.

CPSEC will not decrease the time required for deployment.  It will certainly add a reboot for new access points.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

I am not sure how CPsec would speed up the provisioing proces; but if you enable it in your enviornment, it will force all APs in the infrastructure to reboot.   For older APs that do not have a TPM chip (like the AP-65 your customer has), this will require additional reboots as they require a certificate in software.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Occasional Contributor II

Thanks both.  Maybe I misunderstood the benefits.

Manual provisioning it is then!

:smileyindifferent:

Guru Elite

If you want to rename an AP before it comes up, you can do it using the instructions in the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/Mass-provisioning-500-campus-APs/td-p/11093

That could avoid the extra time to go in and rename APs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: