Wireless Access

Configuring controller for RAPs.

Im configuring a 620 controller running 6.1 for some remote access points (RAP-2WGs ones) and im a little confused about all the sources of information surrounding this configuration.

i found these documents / websites:

Release 6.1 User Guide (which goes through steps like configuring the needed policies and everything, which are there by default i believe)

Aruba Mobility Bootcamp Student Guide Vol 1

VRD - Aruba Remote Access Point (RAP) Networks - Version 8 (which seems to explain it best and actually give some info on the different posibilities)

http://www.jeremygood.net/2010/04/how-to-deploy-aruba-remote-access-point_14.html

http://pbsplaza.nl/?p=205

with some experimenting i come to the conclusion that on a ArubaOS 6.1 system and using Zero touch provisioning the only things i have to configure are:

1) and address pool under: Configuration > Advanced Services > VPN Services > IPSEC; Address Pools

2) add the AP to the whitelist

is that correct?

of course a separate AP group with the settings for RAPs is something you probably want, but it isn't needed.

is it correct that the WLAN/LAN wizard doesn't do the part above except creating the correct settings within the AP group?

Aruba

Re: Configuring controller for RAPs.

Yes, those are the only two steps you need to take to get a RAP connected when using the Zero Touch Provisioning; and then as you mention setting the appropriate settings within its AP Group.

Almost too simple  ;-)

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Re: Configuring controller for RAPs.

clembo wrote:

Almost too simple  ;-)

yeah it is, probably the reason i was confused by all the info out there surrounding it.

would be nice if the aruba wizard (which is usually quite good) would include that DHCP range somewhere in a RAP wizard or such.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: