Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

Posted Mar 06, 2012 08:07 AM

Hi,

We are starting to use iPads in our company. I want to connect them to our corporate wifi via the Aruba mobility controller.

The corporate wifi has a hidden SSID and is set up with WPA21, AES, 802.1x with PEAP and MSCHAPv2.

However, if I try to connect the iPAD and put in the network name, select WPA2 and put a password in it says cannot join network. Anyone got any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2012 09:59 AM

You need to choose "WPA2 Enterprise." This should be an option. It is on my iPad2 running 5.0.1.

• 3.  RE: Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

Posted Mar 09, 2012 04:06 AM

OK thanks but I get could not find the network. I know the SSID is hidden, but cant remember where the option to unhide the SSID is on the Aruba controller?

• 4.  RE: Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2012 06:00 AM

In the SSID profile, under advanced uncheck "hide ssid" and unchek "Ignore probe response request"

• 5.  RE: Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

Posted Mar 09, 2012 06:07 AM

Hi,

Sorry to be really thick but wheres the SSID profile? I assume its somewhere under the configuration tab but I cant see it for the life of me :robotembarrassed:

• 6.  RE: Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2012 06:12 AM

@nobla wrote:

Hi,

Sorry to be really thick but wheres the SSID profile? I assume its somewhere under the configuration tab but I cant see it for the life of me :robotembarrassed:

Go under Configuration> Wireless> AP Configuration.  Edit the AP-Group that your APs are in.  Expand Wireless LAN; Expand Virtual AP and find the Virtual AP you want to unhide.  Under Virtual AP you should see your SSID profile in the left pane.  Click on your SSID profile and in the Right Pane click on Advanced.

• 7.  RE: Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

Posted Mar 09, 2012 06:19 AM

Great, I would NEVER have found that, many many  thanks

• 8.  RE: Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2012 06:35 AM

No problem.

• 9.  RE: Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

Posted Apr 17, 2013 01:41 PM

We have a hidden admin network ("hide ssid" and "deny_broadcast probes" are checked) and we're having an issue with iDevices staying connected.

once the network is manually configured, everything looks good for a while, but occasionally the devices seem loose the network (does not appear on thier available list, cannot connect). Coverage isn't an issue.

Wondering if there's a way to uncheck one of those options without the network becoming visible to the general public?

Read the documentation on those options, seems like if I uncheck either anyone could see the network.

Anyone else having issues with iDevices and hidden networks (that need to be hidden)?

Thanks!