Wireless Access

MVP

Connecting 3rd party wireless bridge to WLAN

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

I need to set-up a wireless client bridge (HP 501) on my WLAN. It's working in workgroup bridge mode.

I can connect it to my network using a open SSID or PEAP but I can't have it working with EAP-TLS.

The product documentation is quite poor and doesn't explain well, i'm not sure if I need to install a client or a server certificate on it ?

Also there is 2 mandatory fields : one for username and one for password. 

Here's a screenshot from the documentation

2015-08-18 10_07_18-h10032.www1.hp.com_ctg_Manual_c04035155.png

I just completed a CSR and sent it to the CA, I don't really get the ''Identity'' field.

Any help would be appreciated :)

ACMP, ACCP, BCNE
MVP

Re: Connecting 3rd party wireless bridge to WLAN

You should need a client certificate sourced from the same PKI as your RADIUS server's cert so that it's trusted. Not sure about any identity field, that may be a question for HP-s supporth with the 501. I've never seen anyoe do TLS with the 501, only PEAP. 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
MVP

Re: Connecting 3rd party wireless bridge to WLAN

jhoward wrote:

You should need a client certificate sourced from the same PKI as your RADIUS server's cert so that it's trusted. Not sure about any identity field, that may be a question for HP-s supporth with the 501. I've never seen anyoe do TLS with the 501, only PEAP. 

Yes, I will open a ticket with HP to have more details !

I guess any 3rd party bridge is the same scenario ? maybe someone around the airheads community knows :)

ACMP, ACCP, BCNE
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: