Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Connecting Bridges Linksys and IP phones

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Connecting Bridges Linksys and IP phones

Posted Nov 14, 2013 10:45 AM

Hi  Guys,

We are trying to connect a Linksys IP phone SPA922 / Bridge WBP54G v2 to a WPA 2 ssid.

We are getting IP address and connected to wifi but no traffic is seen on our internet ISA / proxies.

We have a role allowall on the Ssid but we are missing some setting. Could it be on internal firewall ( SIP or something missing)?

Some setting on VAP that is limiting trafic.

This is because we see two mac addresses showing up ( one for the phone and another for the bridge)

Thanks..

• 2.  RE: Connecting Bridges Linksys and IP phones

Posted Nov 14, 2013 01:11 PM

When you see the MACs, where are you looking? On the controller/instant AP GUI?

I'm not sure how those Cisco bridges work in terms of the converted phone traffic, but...

Do you actually see the a user/client entry with an IP address, for one or both devices in the GUI? From the command line, if you then do a "show datapath session table | include X.X.X.X" (where X.X.X.X is the device IP), what do you see in there?

I doubt it's a SIP issue, if you've got an allow-all role set. It might or might not get queued high (config dependant), but it should get through?

• 3.  RE: Connecting Bridges Linksys and IP phones

Posted Nov 18, 2013 12:15 PM

Hi,

We are seeing MAc´s on the Controller - Monotoring..

We only see the IP phone mac address.

The bridge has all the WPA info setup ok , the phone gets the IP address, but the bridge MAc does not shows up in the controller.

• 4.  RE: Connecting Bridges Linksys and IP phones

Posted Nov 18, 2013 06:10 PM

You have confused me a little bit I'm afraid.

In the first post you said "This is because we see two mac addresses showing up ( one for the phone and another for the bridge)".

But in the second post you've said "We only see the IP phone mac address. The bridge has all the WPA info setup ok , the phone gets the IP address, but the bridge MAc does not shows up in the controller".

So, it isn't clear whether you're seeing 1 device or 2?

But this probably doesn't matter, as (and note that I don't know how these Cisco bridges work), there is a possibility that the bridge might work either one way or the other (either could be valid technically, depending how it's engineered).

So, what's really important, is to understand what the phone datapath looks like. So, as per my post...

From the command line (on the controller CLI), if you then do a "show datapath session table | include X.X.X.X" (where X.X.X.X is the device IP), what do you see in there?

Further, what does the phone do (on it's LCD)? Does it show a specific status message?

How do you know you're not seeing phone traffic traversing the ISA? A log view? Packet capture?

• 5.  RE: Connecting Bridges Linksys and IP phones

Posted Nov 21, 2013 07:24 AM

Hi,

I  see phone mac address under aruba and it gains IP address under SSID that I want.

The only thing is that phone does not registers under the provider proxy:

iphone.png

(Aruba7210) #show datapath session table | include 10.100.251.7

10.100.251.7    224.168.168.168 17   54321 6061   0/0     0 0   1   tunnel 898  11   0         0          FC

10.100.251.7    62.48.163.65    17   5060  5060   0/0     6 26  0   tunnel 898  6    4         2300       FCI

62.48.163.65    10.100.251.7    17   5060  5060   0/0     6 0   1   tunnel 898  6    0         0          FYI

We were under voice clients and it states this..

iphone.png

I already put an allowall on the ssid.

Regards

• 6.  RE: Connecting Bridges Linksys and IP phones

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2013 08:23 AM

Does any other device work behind the bridge?

• 7.  RE: Connecting Bridges Linksys and IP phones

Posted Nov 21, 2013 08:31 AM

Hi cjoseph

Yes 

We tried connecting a Pc to the bridge and works fine

• 8.  RE: Connecting Bridges Linksys and IP phones

Posted Dec 02, 2013 03:11 PM

Hi,

Does anyone has any clues on this?

I was unable to use the bridge to work with the phone...

Everything goes ok, but the phone does not registers ont the External sip network

• 9.  RE: Connecting Bridges Linksys and IP phones

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2013 03:12 PM
    I would contact Linksys and find out if it should work. Only they would know for sure.